Content Writing Services
The process I follow is simple: I ASK questions until I know exactly what you want, WORK diligently on the project at hand, aim to EXCEED your expectations, and DELIVER content worth consuming.
In more detail, this is what the content writing services process will look like:
Let’s begin with getting to know each other.
- In most cases, we’ll start off by emailing back and forth a few times about your initial requirements and expectations.
- If that initial impression is good (ie. we feel we would be an awesome fit for one another), we can jump onto a free 15-minute consulting call or Skype session to discuss the specifics in further detail, including the project scope/objectives, your vision and expectations for the project, your intended audience, budget, and delivery timeline. This can also be done via email.
- If you’re not sure what your business may need, you can pay for a one-time audit to figure out what’s best for your brand. You’ll get an hour on the phone with e to talk about your audience, goals, and your hangups. Afterwards, I’ll email you a document covering everything we spoke about on the phone and the next steps you should take to achieve your goals. (Even if you don’t end up hiring me to help you achieve those goals).
Then we deal with the official stuff.
- I’ll send you a contract to sign digitally or physically so that we can get started.
- You’ll send me a 50% upfront deposit based on the fee we agreed to in the contract. This payment secures the earliest available time in my schedule (usually 2 weeks out), and means that you can rest assured your project will be started on time.
Then it’s time for me to work.
- I will begin researching and compiling as much information as I need to get your project delivered on time with stellar quality. Depending on the scope of the project, I might:
- Conduct interviews with you or your team- ask for company style guides, materials, analytics, customer demographics, etc. – contact experts in related fields- look into your competitor’s offers and tactics.
- Depending on the specific project, I’ll provide you with an outline or summary of what I find before I begin the first draft.
- Then I’ll prepare that first draft, ensuring I fully address your target audience’s pain points, covering everything you’ve asked me to include, and help you to look more amazing than your competitors. When I send you the first draft, I’ll make sure to note any concerns I think we may need to clarify or address.
Next, you’ll review the draft.
- You will review the draft I’ve created for you and provide any feedback, questions, or revision requests you might have.
- You approve the draft. You pay me the remaining 50% of our contract and I submit the final draft of the project to you.
The final steps are implementation and follow-up
- You take the finalized copy and release it to the world. Everyone loves the content! You might start recommending me to your business colleagues, friends, and even family.
- Depending on the type of project, I’ll stay in touch with you to ensure the project is performing as desired. We can agree to a check-in date and I’ll initiate the conversation to ensure everything is running smoothly.